Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I am having a real problem identifying a small component

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I am having a real problem identifying a small component inside a Ryobi ETS 1525SC Table saw. It has two wires going into it and has the markings NL-002 20AMP. It is fully encapsulated in a plastic housing about 1.5cm x 2cm in size. I cannot find a schematic diagram with sufficient resolution or a wiring diagram that clearly identifies what the component is. Can you help please. P.S. I have a picture of the item but not sure how to attach it.
JA: Do you have a multimeter or voltage tester? What colors are the wires?
Customer: Brown and Blue
JA: How long has this been going on with your Ryobi wiring? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The item has signs of a flash over and the wires are charred.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thank you I just need to know what the component is in order to order a new one. Parts suppliers can't help without more information strangely!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, you can post a picture here using the paper clip icon.

Thanks,

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, can you be more specific about attaching an image. I'm on an iMac! Thanks
Expert:  drcool299 replied 1 month ago.

I attached the picture of where is the paper clip icon. Please click the blue numbers after my post.