Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Neff oven, 30 yrs old. The glass came away from

Customer Question

We have a Neff oven, 30 yrs old. The glass came away from the door and we need to fix it on again
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric?
Customer: All we have is the instruction manual C4 EE A - C4 EE B on the front. It's electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The glass came apart and we have tried for the last hour to fix the panel and handle back on The holes don't line up, or when they do there is large gap between the panel and the door frame
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do we fix the glass panel back in and the handle to fix back in place?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have located the old instruction manual. E-Nr B1120F0
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Can you post some pictures of the door so i can see how you have it at the moment as i assume you have removed the door to try and refit the inner glass?

Have you already resealed the glass back on and are no having trouble trying to refit the handle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. It's the outer glass that has fallen apart from the handle.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I send a photo?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I send photos?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

You can just attach it on here using the paper clip icon of the icon that looks like a page with an arrow pointing up.

Have you removed the door from the oven?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door is still fixed on.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There are no paper clip icons?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok you need to remove the door to refit the glass on this.

Open the door and then look at the hinges.

On some you may see a round disc with a slot in it. If so use a screwdriver and turn the disc so it locks the hinge in.

If there isnt a round disc then look at the hinge were it goes into the oven frame and theres a U clip on there. You need to lift this up on both sides. It may be very tight so use a screwdriver to lever it up.

Once the hinges are locked in then go to close the door and the door will lift off.

Once you have the door off look at the bottom and theres a metal bar going across.

Theres 2 screws holding this on so remove them.

Once thats off then fit the door handel into place.

Then slide the door glass under the handle and then you can fit the bottom bar back on and this holds the outer door glass into place.

Try that and you should be able to sort it from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The model number is ***** if this helps?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Just sent the answer above have you seen it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are looking at the door hinges now...
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

No worries. Looking at the hinges for your model it shows it as the locking disc on it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have managed to turn the disc on the left but the right one is jammed
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

It will be because there old hinges.

Try some WD40 on it and then see it it will move.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a video or YouTube link to show us how to remove the door? The hinges won't shift
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hubby has managed to turn the discs on both sides.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have movement on the left!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Just had a look on Youtube but they seem to be the more modern hinges that have the U clips and not the older style one like you have.

But if you have movement now on them then you should be able to lock the hinge in place as the round disc will slide under the hinge bar as you will see.

You may need to try and lift the door upwards a bit to try and lock in.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The smaller hinge that fits onto the door and the oven is stuck on the right hand side. We are using WD40 on it now
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok hopefully the wd40 will free it off.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
With jiggling, the outer door has come off now, so we only have the door to remove
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok so the outer glass has now come off?

If so then remove the main door once the wd40 has soaked into the hinge and hopefully you can sort it from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (M7V51VQ)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have attached a photo. The disc has been moved but the bottom hinge is jammed completely. Do you have any tips for releasing it? WD40 is not working
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Try pushing the door up from the bottom under the hinge while you try and turn the locking disc if you know what i mean.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The locking disc has been turned fully. Do you have a part number for the bottom hinge, in case we break it?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We turned the locking disc on tbe right, lifted the door panel and the hinges came loose. Tried the same on the right but it's not for moving.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you call us?***********
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

The part number for the hinges is 00481827

Im sorry but i dont do the phone requests as i only do the online chat, Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. We will soak the hinge in WD40 and try again later.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok hopefully it will release.

We see it alot on old hinges as grease builds up in them and causes them to sieze up like this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (41234VT)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The part number you gave, does this include the spring/door section as per my photo?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Yes, its the complete hinge with the springs attached to it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door is finally off!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There was a long strip of rubber that was on the floor when the outer glass door came loose/handle fell off. Where does this fit?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

The rubber strip pushes into the top of the door frame.

Ive marked on the spare part diagram picture, Click here

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the rubber strip goes underneath the handle?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

From memory it just pushes onto the door frame there and then you can fit the door handle

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (VPMQST1)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are trying (and screaming in frustration) as we can't seem to fit the glass panel under the door frame. There are bars underneath the handle that's stopping the glass from sliding underneath.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Have you removed the bar at the bottom of the door?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We removed the bar and tried to slide the glass underneath the handle. Something seemed to be stopping it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Has the bottom bar been fitted back correctly?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (V337V25)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the correct place before we fit the glass back?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (GPGSZ5P)
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Yes the bottom bar looks fine but you need to fit the door glass on first before refitting that bar as the bar is the last to be put on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The rubber strip is on. The handle is on. The photo shows the glass panel not fitting, as though it is too big
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (45S6PP4)
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (Q2S11ST)
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok if the handle is on then the door glass slides underneath it and then you fit the bottom bar.

If you cannot get the glass to slide under the door handle then it may be a faulty handle as something on there could have broken.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only thing that happened was the screws came loose on the handle, the glass panel tben dropped. There's nothing broken on the handle, no loose plastic or damaged parts.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's almost like the glass has expanded over the last 5 hours
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok try loosening the screws on the door handle and then try and slide the door glass under it from theren then tighten the handle screw up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Already tried, several thousand times. We've started this 5 min job 5 hours ago...
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok im out of ideas then im afraid as without being there and seeing the reason why its hard to tell over the internet.

As something is stopping it as should just slide under the handle so dont know why it isnt.

Can you show me a picture or video of the door glass as you are trying to push it under the door handle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm trying to attach a video
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The attachment button has disappeared
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you send a diagram or photo of the bottom bar?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just wondering if the bar has bent at all.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I sent the parts diagram before that showed were the seal went.

The bar is shown on there but its only an exploded view so not a picture of it attached.

If the bar was the issue it wont stop you from sliding the door glass under the handle.

When you fit the glass under the handle does the glass lie flush with the bottom of the door frame?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. It was higher on 1 side than the other. When we try to slide the glass under the door handle, it seems to be hitting the part where the screws are with the handle fitted
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok im going to have to opt out of this as i think you will need a hands on engineer to be able to see whats happening as giving an answer online is looking hard im afraid on this.

So i will opt out now and if another expert can help they will jump in.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Daniel for all your help today. We are calling it quits for today but if an engineer can help at all I will be back online tomorrow (although my hubby will not be able to work on the door until the evening as he's working).
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please as the door is not fixed yet. Is it possible to obtain a step-by-step diagram of the parts and the order to fit them? Or a link to a video or photos showing each part in place at each step, so we know what it's supposed to look like, then we can fix the door and panel ourselves? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been waiting for a further reply from another technician for just over a week now. Please can someone help us as the oven door is still not fixed? If nobody replies by the end of today, I will be cancelling my membership (payment and full membership due tomorrow). Thank you.