Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG washine machine shows the EFO error. The model number

Hi, my AEG washine machine shows the EFO error. The model number is ***** I cleaned the drain, the pipes. I restarted it and could get it from EFO TO EF3, but not further...
There is no flooding beneath or inside, after checking, taking off the back and top. On your website I found many references to the “flood switch” or the “pressure check”. Do you think I need an engineer to come with nee parts?

Im Daniel and will be helping you today on this.

EF3 does mean the flood switch in the base is activated.

If you have checked and theres no water in there then it could be just a stuck switch.

If you have the washer out and the back panel off look in there and look on the base and you will see the float switch in the middle of the base tray.

There will be a ploystine float in there so lift this up and down and make sure its sitting flat in the base.

Then rety the washer and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures the fault.

But if you find thats fine then its either a faulty switch or the control board is faulty and for this it depends on your diy skills as if not then you will need to get an engineer in to check and replace the faulty parts.

But just check the switch as nearly always for the EF0 EF3 error code its either water in the base or the float switch is stuck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Checking now.

No worries, Hopefully you can sort it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, we will try agin the suggested fix and revert.

Your welcome, Hopefully you can sort it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is working again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much!

Nice one, Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page for me that would be great.