Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Rangemaster dishwasher which is leaking. Trying to

I have a Rangemaster dishwasher which is leaking. Trying to find out if I am get spare seals. I don’t mean seals for the door
JA: How old is your Rangemaster dishwasher? Where does the leak seem to be coming from?
Customer: 7 years old. Possibly coming from central area underneath. Water accumulates in base tray and triggers the flood sensor to stop machine working. Not really sure where water is coming from but is used water so don’t think it is water inlet hose. No water on floor.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Rangemaster dishwasher?
Customer: Just undid base plate to drain water and dry. Then restated, did one wash ok. Checked underneath again, more soiled water.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. Have checked online and suggests it might just be seals for motor and/or sump. Can’t seem to see any such seals online

Can you post the model number please.

Also which seal it is leaking from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RDW6012FI/SF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very hard to tell which seal as unable to see clearly underneath

Ok looking at the parts list on this dishwasher a lot of the parts are now listed as obsolete.

If your not sure were the leak is coming from then you really need to remove the dishwasher and remove both side panels and set the dishwasher going to so you can see it washing and when it leaks you should be able to see.

As theres a few things in there that can leak other then seals.

You have the hoses, the wash motor and the filling tank which can all leak.

So try the above and try and find which part is leaking and then let me know and i can see if you can still get the part as like i said alot of the parts are now listed as obsolete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try but might take some time. Also will all the potential areas of leaking, leak water into the underneath plinth tray rather than onto the floor? Also is the dirty water a clue to the source of the leak

The water will leak into the tray under the dishwasher and not onto the floor as the idea is to catch the water before it leaks onto the floor.

And you normally see a signs were its been leaking as you usually see water marks around the area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bub vh vhvx