Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have moved into a new property with an AEG oven and no

Hi, I have moved into a new property with an AEG oven and no instruction manual, when i switch the oven or grill on, the light & fan come on, it stays on for approx 20 minutes then light and fan turn themselves off, I have never known this to happen with an appliance before, is there a fault or is this normal? thank you
JA: Is your AEG oven gas or electric?
Customer: electirc
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive used it for approximately 2 weeks now and it does it on every use the grill goes off and the cooker itself light and fan go off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the cooker does come back on again after a time (not sure how long, havent timed it) but i think approx 20 mins again

Yes the issue you have is a fault on the oven. The thermal cut out is tripping out which is causing this as the cooling fan may not be running.

So it isnt normal as ovens dont do this. Theres a fault in there thats causing this.

Do you have the model number of the oven?

Is this a brand new oven as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,I don't know how old it is and I don't have a manual, where would the model number be? if its on the side, I'm afraid I won't be able to get to it with it being an in built.
On the front of the oven it says AEG in the centre top, and competence in the centre lower glass, there are 2 push in buttons and 3 for clock and timing, don't know if this will help?Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually, I've just opened the oven door, there is a number the side, B4101-4-M, PNC - 944185 051, Typ- 91ACD 01 GA

Thanks for that.

This is the thermal cut out thats fault as ive replaced loads of them over the years for this.

Are you looking at fixing this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not me personally, but I will get my husband to do it, is it possible rather than having to call an engineer out?

Ok if your husband is handy at diy repairs then its not that bad of a job.

Turn the power off and remove the oven from the housing unit.

Then remove the metal top panel.

There at the front you will see the wiring. Cable tied into there is the thermal cut out.

Click here to see what it looks like

You need to replace this as its just 4 wires.

You can also buy the part from the link i gave.

Replace that and the oven will be back to normal again from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is, He's a trades man too just on plumbing, he will sort it, thank you very much for your time and help with this matter, very much appreciated.
Tracy

Your very welcome.