Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Smeg Range Cooker SUK81MBL8 - one bulb has blow inside oven,

Smeg Range Cooker SUK81MBL8 - one bulb has blow inside oven, cannot remove glass cover to change the bulb. We do not have an instruction booklet! Does it unscrew?
JA: Is your Smeg range gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Its a dual fuel 80cm, I purchased it in March 2017 from ***** *****
JA: How long has this been going on with your Smeg range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its been blown for about a week and neither my husband or I can remove the glass shroud.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else is fine thank you.

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Something I find that works quite well is this:

Wrap 3-4 layers of duct tape around the lamp cover, making sure it sticks down well. Then use locking jaw pliers (aka mole grips) with curved jaws to grip as firmly as possible without fracturing the glass. Then you can apply a consistent turning force without needing much strength, because the moment of the force (aka the leverage) is much greater. Some people use pump pliers instead, but that makes me nervous because it's more difficult to apply a gripping force without crushing the thing that you're gripping.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Thank you for your rating :-)