Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a neff induction hob model TD4582X, the main ring

I have a neff induction hob model TD4582X, the main ring letter C doesn't get hot anymore just warm and the ring B pulses instead of simmering at a steady rate is it worth replacing the rings?
JA: Is your Neff hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Elec
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 3 weeks I've turned off the socket and left it turned off for all and then turned it back on and has not solved it. The main centre ring just doesn't get hot!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I think that's it 😁

Can you double check the model number please as the one you posted isnt comming up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (1GZP5ZZ)

Thanks for that.

Now when you say rings C and B the service manual shows then as numbered and lettered.

So the front left is 1

The back left is 2.

Middle is 3

Top right is 4

Bottom right is 5.

Which number hobs are you havin trouble with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 & 3

Thanks for that.

Now 2 an 3 are seperate plates. So if you are having this trouble then its going to be the power board for that half of the hob thats faulty.

Replacing the rings wont cure this as these are just magnetic plates and they never fail.

Even since they have made induction hobs i think ive replaced 2 plates and thats because the wiring burnt on them as they never fail.

But the power boards for them do as when any induction hob fails its always the power board for it thats the fault.

So for this you will need to replace the power board which is part number 00745761

Now this isnt cheap as the part is £260 just for the board only.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but this isnt a fault on the plates as it will be the power board thats faulty im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help

Your very welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks.