JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Do you carry out repairs to Maytag fridge freezers, Model

Do you carry out repairs to Maytag fridge freezers
JA: Do you know the model of your Maytag fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Model No : M11GC2227EED1/22FD8203
JA: How long has this been going on with your Maytag refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We had a visit from a local firm in Grange over Sands & says he can get 1 of the parts he needs not both. The ice dispenser has broken
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maytag fridge is approx 18 years old serial No###-##-####

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Just Answer provide on line assistance so we can certainly recommend a local firm to come and fix the appliance however for that we would need your postcode.

Typical life expectancy of the appliance is 12 years, so the appliance is at the very end of is projected life, at which point repairs are uneconomical, due to parts becoming obsolete.

The ice maker parts are shown in the diagram here, the parts which are still available (not discontinued) are listed here, so if the part the engineer requires is not listed then the repair is not possible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
James. It would seem that the main problem is that the back plastic plate to which the motor is attached has shattered. The engineer who came to look has removed the ice container to expose this back plate. He has said he needs 2 parts 1 which he can get the other he can't. looks as though we are looking at a new fridge freezer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If the spares are not available any more then a telephone conversation is pointless