drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

The fridge on my Zanussi fridge freezer isn't cooling. The

The fridge on my Zanussi fridge freezer isn't cooling. The freezer works fine, there is no ice build up and the air channels are clear.
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi fridge? How old is it?
Customer: ZRB324NWO and I think it's about 6-7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started freezing things in the fridge about 4 days ago then has stopped cooling at all for 2 days. Have checked the obvious like fan running and no ice build up. Producing plenty of cold air but it's just not reaching the fridge
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I think that's it

Hello, do you still feel air coming out of the fridge vents? Do you notice if the light is turning off as you close the door? Do you examine the door seal for any cracks or mis alignment with the door frame?

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
air is coming out of the vents. Light, door seal and door all good.

What about the return ducts to the freezer. You could have blocked it with food or ice could have formed on the return vents and no air is passing through the return vent. If this happens, then there is no cold air going to the fridge even though the supply is good since it will create a pressure and the cold air will not flow to the fridge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not where the return ducts are situated on my model. Manual doesn't show anything.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, meant to say not sure where the ducts are

If you remove the crisper drawers at the bottom of the fridge, do you see slotted vents down there where the air can go down to the freezer? Can you post a picture of the bottom floor of the fridge please after you remove the crisped drawers. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I will check the vent isn't blocked and send you a picture. Thanks.

ok. thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The return vent is clear but still no cold air reaching the fridge.

Hi, the picture is just too close. I cannot recognise where the return vent could have been located. can you post another picture please, not too close. Thanks.

You feel air in the fridge vents but it is not cold? Can you take a picture of the fan in the fridge please? Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Isn't that the return vent in the top left hand corner? When I blow a little steam down there it comes out in the freezer compartment. The only air I can feel is from the vents in the freezer, nothing seems to be reaching the fridge but I know the channel is clear. The only fan is in the freezer, there is no fan in the fridge compartment.

Ok...so that is the return vent to the freezer . The channel at the freezer side could be blocked with ice before it goes to the fridge. That is why no air is going to the fridge. I asked you on my first question if you feel air coming out of the fridge vents and you said yes that is why i did not asked again. You could be referring to the freezer vents.

I think that is your problem. The cold air is not reaching the fridge. You should investigate the freezer why the air is not going to the fridge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's the conclusion I came to. But I can blow steam from the freezer into the fridge and back into the freezer so I don't understand where a blockage can be. Could any of the temperature controls in the fridge prevent the flow of cold air if they weren't working properly?

If the unit has air dampers that would control the fridge temperature by closing them, then it could be stuck in the close position. It should be located where the vents of the fridge is located.