KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an (admittedly, quite elderly) Stoves 720EF Double

I have an (admittedly, quite elderly) Stoves 720EF Double Oven/Grill. As of today, the Grill element is only getting hot around the very edge of the element, the bits in the middle aren't getting hot at all - do I need a new element?
JA: Who makes your stove? How old is it?
Customer: Stoves is the manufacturer, model number is ***** How old, 10 years about.
JA: How long has this been going on with your stove? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only today. Popped the main fuse box in the house, but once reset, the rest of the cooker works fine, just the grill element is only glowing and getting hot on the very edges
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, just need to know if this calls for a replacement grill element...

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

The fan oven works perfectly fine?

It trips only when you select Grill ?

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Rest of oven is fine, it only tripped when, I assume, the grill element went south! The fan works, the lights work, and the grill element gets hot at the very edge of the element, but nothing in the middle...

Yes the grill element is faulty and will need replacement.

Are you willing to replace it yourself ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep - need to order it first...

The part is available here for £35 + repair charges.

If you want to replace it yourself, this VIDEO will give you an idea on how it is done.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated. Thank You!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cheers buddy, much appreciated!

Cheers! Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page so, we can close this.