James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a SMEGSpA42016 Guasfalla which I have been given and

i have a SMEGSpA42016 Guasfalla which I have been given and there are 2 parts of hotplate need replacing
JA: Who makes your hot plate? How old is it?
Customer: the hotplate is included on the oven... no idea how old but am told a few yeas
JA: How long has this been going on with your hot plate? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i no idea
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you clarify which 2 parts you are looking to replace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s a 5 burner job. The top left not working and the big central one is working but there’s an extra bit added to this one which isn’t working...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hob

So you have a gas hob with two not working.

The far left one sounds like it may be a blocked jet remove the burner top and poke some fuse wire or cocktail stick in the jet hole then see if gas is starting to flow.

For the central one I am struggling to understand what part you are missing \ not working, are you able to provide a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its all electricity, I'm sorry if i mislead..
yes, I can send picture do I send on here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (LPTM157)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have just sent a picture, I can get my husband to speak later when he’s home..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?

The model number is ***** as invalid

Based on picture and description of the fault your dealing with two faulty halogen elements, if the hob is more than 6 years old its not going to be economical to repair as parts start going obsolete after 8 and the cost of a element would be around £40 each.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (42PTQ4P)

The appliance must be obsolete as its not even registering on the SMEG website here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does tgat mean I can’t get elements then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That

Correct the fact Smeg are not even recognising the model suggests all parts are unavailable.

I have also checked other firms such as eSpares, BuySpares and Ransom and none of them are listing parts for this model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.