JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hallo My Smeg semi integrated Dishwasher is not working

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: hallo My Smeg semi integrated Dishwasher is not working Model Nr is DD612
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Smeg dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: when switching on I get 3 dashes on display box . Door seems to be not shutting properly,
JA: How long has this been going on with your Smeg dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried switching on/ off . Cleaned drainage and filter , other than I don’t know what else I could do . It’s been like this for 1 week . I called an engineer , he suggested it’ might be a fault with the door lock sensor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what could the fault be

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

To confirm you can select a program and dont see any time on the display just three dashes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that’s correct. I am unable to select a program and just get 3 dashes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually I prefer to just type for the moment. I already called an engineer who previously carried out repair on this DW. He suggested it’s the door lock sensor and has asked me to get a spare part. Problem is I can’t seem to locate a part fitting that description
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry are you still on line

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No worries, I just wanted to make sure you are still here. I keep the page open and await next response . Thanks

Ok this suggests its in an invalid state.

With the door closed can you hear the pump running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No nothing is running

Ok even if the door was not being detected as closed you should still be able to select a program and time shown before the door is closed, so think its the PCB which is at fault as its lost its programming. This can be sourced here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks for coming back with the suggestion. That sounds plausible . I think I will just check with another local engineer here before getting the part, as it is quite expensive.