Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

How to replace hinges on belling bottom oven door, Electric

How to replace hinges on belling bottom oven door
JA: Is your Belling oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and possibly 8 to 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Belling oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Door hasn't closed properly for a little while and has just recently the door drops down past level when opened.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have managed to get new hinges but want to know how to replace them.

Good evening, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

The following video shows how to remove (and replace) the oven door:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75DSB2Uihic

The following video shows how to replace many different types of door hinges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kESnnYR4VhMSo

Let me know if you come across any difficulty in doing this.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have watched both youtube videos and they don't show my oven and hinges.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If this is the only help you can give me it was a waste of £5 as I got the youtube videos for nothing.

I didn't say that it was the only help. These videos successfully help many people.

Assistance on this forum is a process, and necessitates questions and answers in both directions; very rarely is there an obvious solution from the very beginning. In your case, you didn't provide a model number, so I wasn't to know which type of hinge you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had already watched the youtube videos but they didn't have my oven or hinges on them.

OK. So now you've given me a negative rating, before reaching any conclusion in the assistance process.

You give the impression of being very impatient, and not interested in helping someone to help you. Not to worry - we get both reasonable and unreasonable customers here.

I wish you luck with your oven.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The oven is an XOU90FP Mk11 Blk. ###-##-#### serial no. 81107060