JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My delonghi electric heater is only turning on for five

My delonghi electric heater is only turning on for five minutes and clicking off
JA: Do you know the model of your Delonghi heater? How old is it?
Customer: I have just moved into the house It's a slim style hi-fi technology
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi heater? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried different sockets, ensured I could hear thermostat clicking on Turned it off and back on Since I moved in a week ago
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks James

What is the model number of the heater, and when you say its on for 5 mins what is shown on the control panel when it goes off?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have the model number but I think it's HCX 3120FS
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There's only two controls
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One for the thermostat *-6 and 0-max

Ok so the red light comes on when turned on then after 5 min the red light goes off and it stops heating?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yeah
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello?

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault.

Does the the light come on if you turn the dial to 0 back to 6?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, yes it does.

Right this points to a faulty thermostat then as it suggests its getting to temp too quickly and hence turning off the heater.

These appliances dont really lend them self for repair, if they are more than 2 years old you would be better replacing rather than repairing as I would think your looking at £100 parts and labour which is the same price you can buy new here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's great, thanks for your help