drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

The food in our chiller drawer is freezing even after we

The food in our chiller drawer is freezing even after we have turned temperature down.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: CXFG1685TW FRIDGE FREEZER from curry’s on 24/08/18
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a month. We have checked manual and turned temp down from 3 to 2.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: There are only two of us, no teenagers constantly opening the fridge. The freezer seems to be fine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this site legitimate, long wait after paying £5

Hello, sorry for the delay, The problem could be the thermostat. It is not sensitive anymore so that even though you lowered the setting, still it is freezing the food in the chiller drawer.

If you did not noticed the compressor at the back turning off and on, then it will continue to freeze the chiller box. Try to set it to 1, the minimum, and observe if the compressor would cut off.

Thanks,

Please ignore the phone service offer..…It is not me who initiate it but the site…but if you really want a phone call…please let me know. I only do phone call for USA customers but viber, FB messenger, or FaceTime for customers outside of USA. Thanks.

If it will cutoff the compressor at number 1 setting, then leave it there. Observe if the chiller drawer would still freeze in 24 hours.

But if the compressor at the back would still not run, then the problem is the thermostat. You need to replace it.