JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch PWB600 workbench that will not lockout, 3yrs,

Customer Question

I have a Bosch PWB600 workbench that will not lockout
JA: How old is your Bosch appliance?
Customer: 3yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Recent, several things, no positive outcome.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** am one of the Category Experts. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your workbench, I know this must be frustrating. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you today. However before we go any further, I see you raised the question some time ago do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I find this poor response to a fairly long response to a customer service problem. I would like a prompt refund of my payment of £5.00 to my question to just answer which is poor answer to my question .Pleasee confirm my above requection is being actioned.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 days ago.

Questions relating to refunds should be directed to customer services.

Without details around what part of the bench will not lock into place, or photos of the issue its hard to provide a detailed answer, however in this instance I can provide some generic advice. Should you be able to send me a picture of the bench I can offer further assistance, however for now would provide the following advice.

1. Start by checking the struts going between the legs are not bent or out of shape

2. With the legs deployed, ensure they are level and square

3. Check the pivot points and mountings holding the struts and legs in place are sound and not come adrift.

4. Where the struts, legs or pivots will not move apply WD40 or other lubricant to assist with easing the movement.

5. Ensure the legs are fully extended and struts level, to ensure the bench is 'locked out'

Do come back to me should you need anything clarified.