Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have one of your water booster pumps fitted 6 years ago.

Customer Question

Hi. I have one of your water booster pumps fitted 6 years ago. It has always worked well but at the moment it is starting up every 3-5 minutes, even through the night when no water being used. I have a large water tank so can see supply water level and marked the level and monitored us when no water being used at all through the night. The level stayed the same but pump started and stopped every few minutes as mentioned. Any ideas if this could be a problem with the pump? There are no signs at all of any leaks anywhere in the water system. Thank you David
JA: What's the brand and model of your water tank?
Customer: Just checking
JA: How long has this been going on with your water tank? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lowara TKS/5HM085S11T5R Code:(###) ###-####XUBA Drive: Teknospeed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has an Lowara Diaphragm Pressure Tank Attached Pump and tank manufactured in 2014
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This behaviour is generally a symptom of a failing non-return valve on the pump inlet. You can test this theory if you have a good quality manual valve on the inlet, and you shut that off. If the pump doesn't cycle anymore then you'll know that water was passing by on the NRV.

Are you thinking of doing the repair work yourself?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would like to do myself but have plumber looking at the problem too.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Ah, OK. Since you have a professional on the case, there is no need for me, so I will opt out.