Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Our Dualit toaster ( about 5 years old) has stopped working.

Customer Question

Our Dualit toaster ( about 5 years old) has stopped working. No power seems to be getting through. Elements don't warm up, Have changed the fuse but no effect. What now?
JA: What's the brand and model of your toaster?
Customer: Dualit,DPP2a
JA: How long has this been going on with your toaster? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Today it wouldn't work. Have changed the fuse but that's all.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No power seems to be getting through as bread won't stay down, elements don't warm up, 'toast from frozen ' light doesn't light etc.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

There can be several reasons for such a mistake to happen. It could be that the cable is defective. It is also possible that the control board in the device is defective. Can you tell me how old the unit is? Do you still have a warranty on the unit?

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why sometimes it takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not under warranty any more, about 5 years old
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Too bad they no longer have a guarantee. Had you tested another power outlet? It is possible that the socket does not have electricity where you connect the toaster.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

Your inquiry is still OPEN but you have not answered me. I'm waiting to hear back.

Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good morning, I'm not sure we are going to get anywhere with this! The manufacturer has stated that this device is not made for repair ( after they make a great issue of their environmental credibility by saying their toasters are repairable) so I think I just need to thank you for your time and trouble. Thanks
Joe Nutman
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 9 days ago.

All right, but I still wish you success. Thank you, too. Have a great day. Stay well.