canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Our refrigerator / freezer is downs since last night. Last

Customer Question

Hi ,our refrigerator / freezer is downs since last night. Last night there was ❗️mark in the monitor. I turned power off then on, the the mark changed to 💧.
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: I don’t know.
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your refrigerator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 12 hours. Switched off/on. And run rapid cooling function ❄️
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
This is Beko frige freezer. Model is unknown. Looks similar to ASL 141X.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (M517G3G)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (M11PS2M)
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (ML7ZVS7)
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 5 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

First you will want to check that there are not any items in the freezer blocking the vent. Inspect the door seal to be sure it is making good contact. Check for ice or frost around the vent or walls which would indicate a door seal not being aligned. Pull it out and check the coils and components on the back are not caked with dust. If so then vacuum the dust and components and use a coil brush to clean off excessive dust. While there, check if the compressor is getting hot. This is the tank looking thing. Check for any oil substance and the coil connections. If you find any oil substance and the compressor is very hot then that is pretty strong evidence of a refrigerant leak. Inspect the evaporator for excessive frost buildup. If you find excessive ice then fully defrost the appliance. Fully defrosting includes emptying the appliance and unplugging it and leaving it with the doors open for at least 24 hours then wipe the inside clean with bleach and water to prevent mildew. If none of this solves the issue and there is no issue with the refrigerant leak then there is likely a faulty temperature sensor or control board.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you Mike. Might be too much load of foods (due to "stay home") in freezer blocking the vent, as you say. Did not find any frost in freezer. We cleared the vent area and now seeing how it will go for next hours or so. Many thanks for now, and we may come back to you in case it does not get solved.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
By the way, model was Beko GNEV120APW.
You are very welcome