Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have accidentally switched on 'Auto' on my oven and can't

Customer Question

I have accidentally switched on 'Auto' on my oven and can't now get either oven to work. Firstly how can I switch it off? Secondly how can I lear how to use the six buttons properly?
JA: Is your Lear-Siegler oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Both - electric inside and gas on top. Not sure - maybe 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lear-Siegler oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today - my fingers slipped when I was putting the timer on. So far I have tried pressing random buttons and combination of buttons
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Now itis just flashing 'auto'. at other times it showed other symbols as i pressed button after button
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is a Rangemaster oven
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have got it working again by switching Auto off. But I don't know what I did. I would still like to know how to use the six buttons properly
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Do you have the instruction manual for your oven? If not, can you tell me the exact model?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 5 days ago.

Good morning, how are you getting on with your oven?