JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Where do I find my model number on my neff oven? I’ve looked

Customer Question

Where do I find my model number on my neff oven? I’ve looked on your website, but cannot find the model number where you have suggested.
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: my main oven is not heating up, the fan and light work but no heat
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Electric oven
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My wife cleaned the oven 2 days ago and it hasn’t worked since
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance, I know this must be frustrating. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
To help me answer your question please can you advise the ENR number of the appliance (this is found around the door frame)?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve looked everywhere and can not find the model number. I don’t know how old the oven is as we only moved in 6 months ago. It’s an electric oven
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Understood it looks as though someone has removed the rating plate around the door frame (maybe during cleaning over the years).

I take it when set to grill heat is still generated its just the fan oven mode thats not heating?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The small grill oven above the main one is working, it looks like the heating element has gone on the lower oven.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can order a replacement heating element but without the model number I’m stuck. What do you advise I should do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

If you pull the oven out of the void there is often a label on the back or top of the appliance with the ENR number printed on it. The ENR is in essence the model number, and as you say once you have that you can source a suitable element.

Should you still be unable to find the ENR after pulling the appliance out removing the element and measuring it is the next thing and if you send the measurements over to a spares firm they can often find a suitable element which will be compatible, the only outstanding item would be the wattage and this is normally printed on the element.

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi James, I’ve taken this picture of the heating element, I believe it may be the part number but cannot be sure, can you help?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

I am afraid thats not a valid part number, but it does confirm its a 2.3KW element, have a look at the website here, and see if the dimensions shown in the description match the element fitted.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I think this looks dodgy too
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

The fan looks corroded but nothing which would make me suggest you would need to replace the fan.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No, not the fan. Please take note of the heating element that has changed colour
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Thats normal, your replacing the element so not overly important but would suggest the element is worn and most likely the cause of the fualt.