Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I am installing a new Neff integrated washing machine and

Customer Question

I am installing a new Neff integrated washing machine and one of the rear legs will not adjust up or down no matter how much I turn the front adjustment screw .. any ideas please ?
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff?
Customer: I’m sorry I don’t have that information to hand , looking at the machine from the front the rear left hand leg is adjusting up and down quite easily by simply turning the front screw adjuster , however the rear right hand leg won’t go up or down despite the screw turning freely .. both front feet are not a problem to adjust . It’s a front loading machine and is brand new and unused .
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I installed the machine two days ago as per the supplied instructions in an exact 600 mm wide space on a firm and level floor plumbing and electrical connections all easy ( as an installer I’ve done this many times , usually with no problem ) but I’m afraid there is simply no movement at all on the right hand rear leg , I’ve placed a piece of wood under the rear right hand corner as a temporary support whilst I try to resolve the problem .
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can’t think of anything .. it’s not really complicated .. I wondered if perhaps the adjusting mechanism can somehow become unattached and if so how would one reattach it .. or it’s a common problem that’s easily solved I’ve installed many Neff appliances previously with a problem . It’s been very carefully installed on slim sliding material so as not to cause any damage whilst sliding into place , it’s standing on a secure , level and smooth surface , all the connections , both plumbing and electrical are fixed to connections in the adjacent cabinet with no kinks in either waste or supply hoses so that the back of the machine is clear from any form of obstruction , the machine fits like a glove and apart from the right hand rear leg adjustment, the installation was very straightforward.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

Normally this should also be freely movable. It could be that it is defective. It could be that it is only blocked. Try turning the foot with pliers. If it doesn't work, you can complain to the shop where you bought it.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why sometimes it takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Erdal , I can reach under the adjacent cabinet and turn the rear leg freely with my hand but it still doesn’t adjust up or down .. it just seems to spin round and round without making any difference to the height of the machine !
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok , no problem
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok , that would be good , thank you Erdal .
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

It may be that the counter nut in the device is loose. Do you have the possibility to open the back seat and take a look inside where the foot is turned in? It is possible that the opposite side of the foot is loose so that it cannot turn it up and down.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I understand , I shall pull the machine out to access the rear of the machine and see if I can remove any access panel to see if I can locate the adjuster problem .
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

All right, I'll wait to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I won’t be able to do this until Monday morning .
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Okay, no problem. I'll wait to hear from you. Please do not forget that the request remains open until you finish it or until you rate me with 3-5 stars. I will write to you again on Monday or Tuesday at the latest if you do not answer me. I wish you a lot of success and a nice weekend. Stay healthy.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You too , thank you Erdal
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello Erdal , it’s Tam RAYNER here , I’ve removed the back panel from the washing machine and discovered that the adjusting mechanism had become disengaged .. I’ve re engaged it correctly and the rear leg now adjusts properly . Thank you for your help . Enjoy your day , and stay safe . Tam . ����
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

Super glad you could make it. I wish you much success with the device. I thank you also and wish you a nice day. Stay healthy.