Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My Bosch Classixx dishwasher is not starting it's cycle. It

My Bosch Classixx dishwasher is not starting it's cycle. It didn't drain properly on it's last wash as well...
JA: How old is your Bosch dishwasher? Is the filter unblocked?
Customer: Hi Pearl, yes the filter is unblocked and it must be over 15 years old now...
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken the filter apart (at the bottom of the dishwasher and cleaned it, even though it wasn't blocked) and drained the water out using a jug and cloth.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so, other than when you try to start a cycle it just sits there...

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

There can be several reasons for such a mistake to happen. Can you describe to me which symbols light up in the control panel or display? What happens when his program starts? Do you hear anything working?

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why sometimes it takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Erdal, When I turn the dishwasher to a setting and press start, the 'Active' light comes on but nothing happens. I hear nothing happening either. There are no other lights (actually, not true, the 'Rinse Aid' and 'Salt' lights are on but we use all-in-one tablets so we don't use them) flashing.

Okay it is possible that the door contact switch is defective or does not react. It is also possible that the control board is faulty. Please try this: set your program, press the door very firmly against the dishwasher and try to start the program.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Right, tried that and nothing happened. One other thing that happened at the end of the last wash was that it didn't drain. At all. I had to empty it with a jug and cloth...

Okay, was the pump blocked? It's possible that the drainage hose going to the drainpipe is blocked. Or the circulating pump has a faulty sensor and is still reporting residual water so it won't start. Have you seen moisture or water on the ground? It is possible that there is a leak somewhere and the Aqua stop has been triggered.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, I will have a look. It may be a while though because my wife is cooking our dinner in the kitchen and she will get cross if I start trying to take the dishwater out right now... :)

No, no problem. I'm always online for you. If I don't answer today I will answer you tomorrow at the latest. As soon as I see your message I will answer you. I wish you a lot of success. I thank you and wish you a nice evening. Stay healthy.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for that, keep yourself safe!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Oh, and there was no leak anywhere on the floor.

Even if you manage to do so, you can still tilt the device forward by 45°. If there are leaks in the bottom of the floor, the water will flow out of the floor.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, there are no leaks and the outlet drain pipe appears to be clear (I blew down it)

Have you ever tried to tilt the device forwards by 45°?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, give me a second......Yes, I have tilted 45° forward and nothing has come out. Apart from the wire trays when I opened the door to have a look... o_O

You didn't have to open the door. It's all about the floor when there are leaks. If they say it was nothing, that's fine. Then it could be that the door's contact switch is defective or the pump is faulty. Leave the unit off for at least 60 minutes. Disconnect the plug from the socket. Then plug it in again and try again. Tell me if you hear anything working when you want to start a program.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also, bis sechzig minuten...

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good morning Erdal! I have turned it off over night and turned it back on this morning and unfortunately there is no difference. :(

Okay, I'm really sorry about that. Then unfortunately the drain pump or a sensor on the circulating pump is defective.

We won't be able to repair these faults without a professional inspection by a technician. It has to be professionally checked once and if necessary the defective component has to be replaced. But the repair would cost between 100-180 € depending on the service company and the component.

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, that's fine thanks. Take care in these weird Covid19 times and keep you and your family safe.

All right, well, good luck with that. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Stay safe and sound.