Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a fridge freezer and the back wall of the fridge bit

I have a fridge freezer and the back wall of the fridge bit is absolutely thick from top to bootom with ice and is not self defrosting what can I do please?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: Htachi R93BCS
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't know how long but only this year and have emptied out contents and turned down to number 3 on gauge overnight but it's still not self defrosting
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The freezer did go down into red zone last night but I think was because I left door ever so slightly for a few hours but having turned on super power overnight it's back on -10 now.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

Yes, such a mistake can be made through open doors. It is also possible that the thermostat, temperature sensor or defrosting resistor is defective.

Please carry out this procedure: switch off the appliance. Also switch off the electricity from the refrigerator. Either pull the plug out of the socket or switch off the fuse at the fuse box.

Leave it switched off for at least 3-4 hours during which time please clean the back wall. Please also check the door seal on the door, it is very clean. And after 3-4 hours switch the device on again and try it out. If it is not defective it will work.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why it sometimes takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
during the 3/4hours will the contents of the freezer keep safe - currently on minus10

Yes, once you have cleaned the door and wiped the seal clean, you can close the door and leave it closed again. Nothing will happen within 3-4 hours. The cooling is sufficient until then. Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will wait and see if this works and make contact if necessary after the 3/4 hours thank you.

All right, I wish you the best of luck and success with that. Thank you, too. I'll be waiting to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for help but to cut long story short I've had to buy a new fridge/freezer so no more help needed thank you.

All right, I wish you much success with the new device. Thank you very much and have a nice day. Stay well.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The response was prompt and the information should have probably been helpful if it hadn't been for the fact my fridge/freezer was very, very, old and in the end nothing was going to fix the problem so I had to get rid of it and buy a new one. None of this could been foreseen by anyone and certainly not Erdal. So a good service thank you..

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I did rate already and gave 4 stars and would request the technician again. Probably 5 stats really because it was the age of the fridge/freezer than meant that I could not fully carry out his instructions.

Thank you for your feedback.