JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

It looks like my rangemaster 110 has a faulty timer - I've

Customer Question

Hi - it looks like my rangemaster 110 has a faulty timer - I've just been looking at an old question and it seems the fault is the same.
JA: How old is your Rangemaster appliance?
Customer: About 15 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've turned off power and on again. I've tried pressing teh + and - buttons together. Then, following the suggestion earlier, have pressed buttons 2 and 3 and the +/-. Still flashes 0.00 and Auto
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance, I know this must be frustrating. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
Have you powered of the range at the wall for 5 min then turned it back on, and have you recently experienced any power cut at the property?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Great - thank you. It seems ludicrous that if the timer is faulty that I can't use any of the oven
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

The timer is a safety feature, so in the event you had a power cut and had the oven on then went out or to bed and power came on, it stops the oven coming back on when unattended, its for this reason why these cant be bypassed either.

Let me know how you get on after powering it off and back on.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don't know where the power switch for it is. I think it might be behind the cooker and I can't move it. But yes, we have had a power cut which is why the timer has gone back to 0.00
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Understood if you go to your consumer unit (fuse box) there should be a circuit for Oven, turn this off for a few minutes then back on, once back on proceed to set the time and let me know if its still flashing 0:00.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK - so done that and it's still the same problem
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

This would suggest the timer has developed a hardware fault, this is rather common with power cuts across or types of ovens and ranges. The surge of power coming on has most likely damaged the electrical circuitry in the timer, and a new timer is required.

The Rangemaster 110 is a series of ranges so you would need to make sure you locate the exact model to source the correct timer but typically they are around £130 from somewhere like here but you can also find them cheaper on places such as Amazon here.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK - thank you for your help. Presumably I will need an electrician to fit it?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

An appliance engineer would be better suited most Spark'y dont like stripping down appliances, they would need to remove the hob top and then access the rear of the control panel to replace the timer module.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK. Will contact Rangemaster. THank you for your help
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.