Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have just bought a indesit ewd71452w and it has gone off

Customer Question

I have just bought a indesit ewd71452w and it has gone off and is full of water. I have tried to turn off the main electric but it is still unable to be turned on
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only had it connected new on Friday. It is still not on and I have turned off the mains and nothing is happening
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that I am unable to pull out the washer as it is too heavy for me as it’s full of water. The door opens.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, firstly, could you check that nothing has tripped in your consumer unit?

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

I can see that you've opened duplicate topics - please post your responses here.

You're probably going to end up reporting the fault to the retailer and ask them to repair or replace the appliance. Are you getting absolutely no power indication on the front panel?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There are no lights at all. Sorry if I am sending duplicate answers I am not very technical
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

OK. Is the appliance connected by a plug in a socket outlet, or to a fused switched unit via a flex outlet?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is in a plug but I am unable to pull out the washer to access it
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

I completely understand, but I needed to know.

You'll have to start by removing the water. Give me a moment while I look up the manual for this machine.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have done that, but remember I am unable to pull out the washer as the radiator is in the way
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

I think you're tending to preempt my responses. Please be aware that each time a customer posts, I get an alert, and the more alerts I get the longer it takes to reply.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

So, your appliance doesn't seem to have a manual drain tube next to the filter cover. If you opened the cover now you'd get a deluge of water, so I suggest that you bale out as much as you can first, then get a bug beach towel ready, and then unscrew the filter cover. The attached manual page shows the filter cover, and the cosmetic panel that you need to remove to get to it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have managed to turn off the machine and put it back on but I have tried to turn off the delay button but every time it stops the machine from going and goes blank again
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

It still seems to me that it has a fault.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 8 days ago.

Good morning, how are you getting on with your appliance?