Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We have a hotpoint future frost free 50/50. The freezer door

We have a hotpoint future frost free 50/50. The freezer door has been left slightly ajar overnight and the two lights at the top are flashings How do we stop these lights from flashing. We are not sure that the appliance is still working. We have removed the frost that had gathered round the draws. Can you help please.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Inside the fridge is a sticker with FF 200 LP. It is quite a few years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the first time anything like this has happened. Two nights ago I didn’t close the freezer door properly. It was left slightly ajar all night and wasn’t spotted until quite late last night. Frost was building up around all draws so we cleaned this all up. We have now turned the freezer to the off position on the dial at top right hand side. We have tried pressing both dials in for a few seconds but the lights are still flashing. We are at a loss what to do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The food in the freezer is still quite solid. We have heard the motor running but it is silent at the moment.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

It may be that it has stored wrong values through the open door. Please do this once: switch off the device. Pull the plug out of the socket. Leave it without power for at least 3-4 hours. At this time, please check the back panel, it must not be out of place or dusty. Please also clean the door seal. You do not need to worry about the food.

If you have too much ice in the fridge, try to remove it in time. After 3-4 hours switch it on again and try it out. This will create a new start.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why it sometimes takes time to answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have done as you have instructed and I am now waiting the 3 to 4 hours to test the freezer. Thank you so much. Will let you know how we get on.

All right, I wish you the best of luck with it. I'll be waiting to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We have completed the test you gave us to do and the lights are still flashing. We have managed to get hold of an engineer who lives local to us and he is coming tomorrow with the spare part to repair the damage to our fridge freezer. Apparently it is the frost freeze element that has been damaged. Thank you for your help in this matter.

All right, I wish you the best of luck with that. Thank you upstairs have a great weekend. Stay well.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Rated 10 out of 10