Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can you tell me how to change the knob on my aq113f4971

Customer Question

Can you tell me how to change the knob on my aq113f4971 hotpoint washing machine please
JA: Is your Hotpoint washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading and at least 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need the knob changed, I have the part just need advice on replacing it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you still there please?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why is it so hard for me to get help? There are no videos to help, surely theres someone there
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are the technicians in the uk or international? just wandering if there is a time gap as the replies are delayed?
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer and sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Lets see if i can help you on this.

To replace the control knob on this you need to do as below.

Unplug the washer.

Then open the door and look on the inside of the door at the top and you will see a cover there held on with a few screws.

Remove all these screws. They are torx screw (star shapped). If you dont have the torx bits then a small flat screwdriver usually works.

Once this cover is off you will see the control board.

Push the wiring block off which is in the bottom left corner and then release the tabs holding the board on and you can remove it from there.

Once you have this off just pull the knob off and you can swap it from there.

Then refit the wiring onto the board and then push it back into place and it will lock itself in place from there.

Try that as you should be able to replace the knob from there.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thank you so much, the knob now clicks and i can now select a program again. Will wait and see when i put on another load.
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

Your very welcome, Glad to hear you sorted it and i should be fine from there now for you.