Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I bought a AX2200 shredder only 6 weeks ago and have used it

Customer Question

I bought a AX2200 shredder only 6 weeks ago and have used it 3 times. It is no longer working - the vegetation doesn't get pulled through the cutter
JA: Who makes your shredder?
Customer: Bosch
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch shredder? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought it about 6 weeks ago and have used it 3 times. I have tried cleaning it out completely but doesn't make any difference
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so. I've talked to a garden centre about blade replacement but it shouldn't need that yet
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer; my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Since your AXT2200 is so new, this is very easy. I recommend that you take it straight back to the retailer and get a replacement or a refund. If they can demonstrate what you're doing wrong, then fair enough, but otherwise they should replace it.

You have considerable rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Since the fault occurred within six months of purchase, the onus is on the merchant to prove that the fault wasn't introduced during manufacture.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.