Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My husband has just poured salt into the filter, in my Neff

Customer Question

my husband has just poured salt into the filter, in my Neff dishwasher, it was indicating last night that it needed salt, what can I do?
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: I willl have a look
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: bought in 2010 model no S4 E45WOGB/14 FD 9002
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I put salt into the correct container yesterday but I don't think the lid was screwed tightly enough the plates had a salt residue on them, , we ran a rinse on the cutlery and the salt light was still so I asked my husband this morning to put in the rest of the salt, He poured it into the filter!!
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

You'll have to do your best to scoop out as much as you can. You could use a vacuum cleaner with a hose, but not directly into the filter area. Tape a drinking straw, or similar, to the end of the vacuum hose and use the straw to gently suck out the salt - slowly so that it doesn't clock the straw.

When you've done that, flood the remainder with hot water (from the hot tap, not from the kettle), and stir in the salt to dissolve it. When enough of it is in solution you can then operate the dishwasher to pump it out.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please provide the make and complete model number of the shower.

( I am about to take a late lunch so there might be a delay before my next reply. )
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
bought 2010 FD9002. S4 E45WOGB/14. Neff Dishwasher
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No we will give what you said a try, we have scooped quite a lot of the salt by hand
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 14 days ago.

Let me know how that goes, and if you can't dissolve the salt. The worst thing would be to end up clogging out the outlet pump with impacted salt crystals.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 8 days ago.

Good morning, how are you getting on with your dishwasher?