Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd,
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

Dyson Fluffy owner here, my machine keeps on reving when in

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Dyson Fluffy owner here, my machine keeps on reving when in use i replaced the battery thinking it was the problem, however no change, great claeaner otherwise, can you plese help?
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: It is a fluffy V 7 about 4 or 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has been happening for months when I replaced the battery two years ago it stopped, however not this time, runs only for a few seconds.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 14 days ago.

Dyson on/off/pulsing

For your future reference....Videos

Extreme Cleaning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxiuZUgEGXo
A faulty Clip issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IUZ_GolK0s

Also a good idea to clean the terminals of machine and base with a pencil eraser (yes, that is what I said) Mild corrosion/dust etc can create a poor connection.

Unless the battery needs replacing
To test battery, use a multimeter after the above cleaning to see if it is holding charge

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

Martyn