Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I think I left my Bosch oven running for too long and now

Customer Question

Hi I think I left my Bosch oven running for too long and now cannot get it to start
JA: Is your Bosch oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: first time . I checked my fuse box seems ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cant think of anything
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please provide the complete model number of the oven. And could you indicate what you mean by "too long"? How long was it?
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Probably was on for the whole of the night and then son. Model no is HBG53R560B
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, I’m confused is someone going to call or not?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok so no phone call can we plse continue discussion
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok Tim what do you think the issue with the oven is please?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I was at lunch but am back now. Unfortunately, the experts have to eat, and there aren't as many of us about on a Sunday.

I'll digest your posts 4 posts and then reply.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

OK. I have some questions:

1. How old is the oven?
2. Is it supplied on a dedicated circuit?
3. If so, what it the rating of the circuit breaker?
4. Do you see any signs of life at the appliance, or is it as if has no power at all?
5. Which elements were left on overnight?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oven is 3-5yrs old supplies in same circuit as microwave which is working, don’t no rating of circuit breaker, no power at all, the oven element was left on
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Do you see any signs of life at the appliance, or is it just as though it has no power at all?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No power at all
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Well, my feeling is that the fault occuring while leaving it on was coincidence of timing, not cause and effect. The reality is that all ovens become faulty sooner or later. How long it takes, and which fault occurs first, is in the lap of the gods. If you used the oven for an hour a day, for example, and then one day use it for 10 hours, then the fault is 10 times as likely to occur as on any other random day.

You can book Bosch to repair the oven - see this page.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 4 days ago.

Good morning, how are you getting on with your oven?