Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

The green light on my neff fridges freezer is flashing but

Customer Question

The green light on my neff fridges freezer is flashing but the fridge appears cold and the freezer is still freezing
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff fridge? How old is it?
Customer: fd8609 is the model number it is over 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 days, turned the fast freeze on , then when that did not change anything defrosted the freezer, and then fast freeze again but still flashing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: freeze appears to be working but light continually flashing
Expert:  Paddy replied 4 days ago.

Hi _ do you still need help with your freezer?

Expert:  Paddy replied 4 days ago.

There are a number of reasons which will cause your light to flash, it generally indicates the appliance is getting back to temperature usually after being switched off.

It has been very warm over the past week and many appliances have been struggling, a good place to start is with the following;

1. ensure there is enough ventilation around the back and sides.

2. check the door seals are clean, undamaged and creating a good seal with the body

3. try to avoid opening the door until the correct temperature has been reached

4. if you have recently put large amount of shopping in the fridge/freezer the compartment may be over loaded which prevents the appliance reach the correct temperature

The light will continue to flash until the set temp has been reached but hopefully the above will solve the issue.

I hope this helps