KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My Bosch Exxcel dishwasher at the start of the program the

My Bosch Exxcel dishwasher at the start of the program the pump starts up and just keeps running. The timer does not move. I have cleaned the filter and checked the pump these are all clean. I put some water in the dishwasher and the pump emptied the appliance so no blockage in the drain line. Why does the pump not stop?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Sgs47e02gb/35. 16 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: one week. Cleaned out the pump and filter there was no problems there. Filled the appliance with hot water and pumped it out, no blockage in the drain.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I emptied the dishwasher completely by using rags to get the last of the water out of the bottom on the pump housing, yet still the pump kept running.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Pump running continuously indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Reconnect everything and plug it back.

Select any program and see how it goes.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to unplug it and pull it out.

Then remove the side panels and bottom off the appliance.

Towards the left you will see a plastic tank, make sure this is not clogged.

Then remove all the hoses attached to it and clean it as much as you can.

Reconnect everything and let me know how it goes.

The £16 phone call message is automated and not sent by me.

You may not accept the automated phone call request.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! ____________________________________________________________

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Kevin, only just used the dishwasher last night, it ran for 20 minutes and stopped. Could you explain how to remove the Side panels and bottom to gain access to

The top comes off first and then the sides are removed to access it.

If it fills and works for 20 minutes it can be the flow meter causing this issue.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for the info. Top and sides have been removed. The plastic tank has been cleaned. Where is the flow meter?

Please CLICK HERE (part#424099 is the impeller jug/flow meter).

If this is faulty it will fill and then stops after around 5 minutes.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Morning Kevin. I am sure the problem is water leaking in to the bottom of the appliance. The water is clean, could you provide advice on finding the leak?

Morning, if you are sure that float is not stuck in upright position then check the pump seal.

If pump seal is worn out or any of the hoses are broken then this can cause the leak.