Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Induction hob has over heated resulting in discolouring to

Induction hob has over heated resulting in discolouring to glass surface. Can this be reversed.
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: the hob is electric and it’s about six weeks old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve just used hot soapy water and an e cloth. I am wary of causing more damage.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I don’t think so. The pans used are suitable for induction hobs

Good afternoon, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Whether or not you can remove the stain depends on what has happened to the surface. If it's just deposits from the bottom of a pan, transferred to the hotplate, then a recommended proprietary cleaner should remove them. Use whichever cleaner the hob manufacturer recommends. However, if the ceramic plate has actually burned, then there's nothing you can do about it. You can replace the glass if one is available, or replace the hob, or just live with it.

_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.

You're welcome. Sorry if that's bad news :-/