Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Just had a duel fuel free standing cooker installed by the

Hello Pearl. Just had a duel fuel free standing cooker installed by the Currys team-CK 234 DF SL. The engineering wanted me to keep the top and main oven on for 20 mins before using the appliance. After having done this, I switched off the ovens but the fan on the top of the top over does not stop blowing hot air otsude, even after swtiching the mains off and on. What could it be? Should the fan keep going this long? Jasmine Patel
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Just installed today! Dual fuel.
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please see my detailed text above.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that the fan on the top part of the top oven will not stop.

Good afternoon Jasmine, welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

I would expect the cooling fan to stay on until the oven has cooled down. I don't think it's anything to worry about unless it stays on too long. A reasonable period of time would be 10 to 15 minutes, but it depends how hot your kitchen is.
_____

If you receive a phone call offer, please ignore it - these are system generated and outside my control. My understanding is that you won't be charged if there's no phone call.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks a lot Tim for the reassurance, it has now stopped. Will check what happens next time.

That's good. Some ovens seem to be unfeasibly loud - I had one that made me shut the kitchen door while eating what had just been cooked, or the noise was too intrusive.