KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

An engineer came out to my mums machine on 11th June Ref

An engineer came out to my mums machine on 11th June Ref 15208 80831-he said it didnt need repairing but the type of machine she has is known for poor spinning and taking too long on wash cycles. She is 90 and has tried to keep going with the machine but now wants Hotpoint to replace it, what can I do to achieve this for her?
JA: How old is your Hotpoint appliance?
Customer: She purchased Feb 2020
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been like it from the start, the engineer did try to adjust it and gave a couple of tips on reducing temperature and spin cycles, but this didn't help and her clothes are coming out very creased even though she is trying to do the things he suggested.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was taking up to 3 and half hours on one cycle even though she is using the suggestions he made. His last remark is that it has always been a problem model she should look at changing it?

You have reached JustAnswer, a paid service that matches people with questions to Professionals with answers.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You will have to either contact the retailer from where you bought it.

As it still under warranty you may contact Hotpoint directly at 0333(###) ###-####to book replacement.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The retailer said we had to contact your guys, so if I call Hotpoint on the number you have given me 0333(###) ###-####thye will sned the same model as a replacement or can I discuss a change in model and pay the difference?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
also thelady that I contacted first said this was a £5 refundable charge, but the webb site is saying there will be a £30 charge each month form 7th June how do I cancel that as she does need any other cover at 90 years old :)

Usually same model is sent as replacement however, you can check with them and tell them that you are willing to pay the difference.

I understand however, for anything related to payment you will have to contact support as I only provide technical assistance.