JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Red salt warning light remains on on dishwasher SMS2525, it

red salt warning light remains on on dishwasher SMS2525
JA: What happened just before the light on your dishwasher came on?
Customer: it has been installed today and i put salt and water in but the light has not gone out
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is brand new today. Have added war and salt and set the hardness. Have just finished one cycle with the machine empty and the light has remained on all the time
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything as that is all that we have done

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** am one of the Category Experts. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance, I know this must be frustrating. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you today. However before we go any further, I see you raised the question some time ago do you still require assistance?

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
please

As discussed with this type of fault the most likely cause is insufficient salt, fill up the compartment it will displace water but thats not an issue. With the compartment filled with salt then proceed to run the dishwasher for a couple of cycles and the light should then go out. Do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Have filled the salt container with a lot more salt and you are right the salt light is out. Many thanks for your help

Great glad we got the matter resolved, have a good afternoon.