Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Whirlpool fridge freezer side by side model no.

HI. I have a Whirlpool fridge freezer side by side model no. S20E RSS2V-A/G service number 858617215011 that is stuck in standby mode. My question to you is would i need to replace the front control panel module? If so... Where could i obtain 1? Could you also tell me the part number?
JA: What device is frozen?
Customer: can you clarify your question?
JA: How long have you had your S20E?
Customer: since 2006
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im trying to see whether i need a front panel and where i could obtain one
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge freezer, Lets see if i can help you on this.

Stupid question but have you tried pressing hard on the on button and for several seconds?

As the plastic on the panel can warrp a bit so somtimes you need to press harder to turn it on.

But if you have already tried that then it will be the front control board.

Now the bad news is this is now obsolete so none of the online spares sites sell them anymore as Whirpool dont make them.

The part number for it is 481245228777

So you can try the likes of Ebay and see if you can find a used one on there as thats the only way you will really get one of these im afraid.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do I also have to change the control module on the back of the fridge?

Most of the time no and given you say its 2006 so its usually a stright forward swap.

It was upto 2004 models were you need to replace the front and rear boards together so from the back end of 2004 you only needed to rellace which ever bard was faulty.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there anybody that you know of that does repairs on these Input control panel boards?

You can try these and see if they can repair them for you.

https://emwelec.co.uk/index.php

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you kindly for your help. Could you pls reimburse the £16 as I clicked this on error. Please advise.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
For the phone call

Your welcome.

As for the phone call you just need to contact customer service from your home page as i dont get involed in the money side as i just answwer the question.

Im sure they can hep you from there.