Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Have a problem with neff dishwasher, 7 years, S51m63x2gb,

Hi, have a problem with neff dishwasher
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: 7 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: S51m63x2gb
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: First problem was an error 24. Draining
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Then I cleaned all filters, even removed the little plastic thingy at the pump inlet. There is nothing obvious obstructing the pump
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The little fan inside the pump turns when pushed with finger. After reseting it (3s on reset button) the 1 minute cycle drains the dishwasher. No water left
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But now when I try to start a program it keeps turning on the drain pump and then stops for a while. Then starts to drain again and stops. The program itself does not start

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

This is of course not okay and very annoying. I try to help you as much as I can.

Significance of the error:

Error message E24 means that the circulation pump is still detecting a water level even though the water should have been pumped out. It is conceivable that there is a foreign body in the drain pump which would prevent pumping out. In much more frequent cases, however, the detection via the circulation pump is faulty because the pump runs stiffly due to wear. If there is no foreign matter in the discharge pump and the discharge pump is not faulty, the circulating pump must be replaced.

This error is very complicated. It usually requires a technician to check it professionally and decide which component is defective. It is really possible that the circulating pump is defective. If you think the drain pump is running and pumps all the water out, then the circulating pump is 90% defective.

I'm asking you to be a little patient. We've asked too many questions. That's why it sometimes takes time to answer.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Now after several drain cycles it started the program. I will see if that will go through. You may be right about the pump
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I will keep you updated

Yes, first run through the program. I hope it will always run and go well. Like I said, I've given you a solution. If it doesn't work, the circulating pump should be replaced. But I hope no repair is necessary. I wish you a lot of luck with it. I'll be waiting for your message.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Program started after few drain cycles. You may be right about the pump, but for now seems to work the program. I will let you know if that will go through the whole cycle

OK Good Luck.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi, it stopped half way, full of water with e24 error again

Okay then, this is definitely the circulating pump. You have to have the circulating pump replaced. How old is your unit?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
7 years

Okay, too bad the device is not that old. It is up to you whether you want to have the device repaired or not. The circulation pump can cost between 80-120 €.

Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is it this part https://www.appliancespareswarehouse.co.uk/drain-pump-to-fit-bosch-dishwasher-pmp277.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwxev3BRBBEiwAiB_PWGS09e0FyN7G8B1ISJkrKHh5ILe-4kr8sP1cJMOwle3oeIfBziz6JhoCXU0QAvD_BwE
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
https://www.4neff.co.uk/dishwasher/s51m63x2gb85/drain-pump-assembly-blp3-0215-1208028/product.pl?pid=4834634&path=600202&model_ref=11786765.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is this that part?

No, it's a drainage pump. You need to look for a circulating pump.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Is that this https://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/neff/dishwashers/s51m63x2gb__85/heat-pump/864367.htm
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Or if not, can you point me where to buy one?

Yeah, now that's the real thing you got there. This part is the circulating pump and that needs to be replaced.

Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
you think replacing this will fix problems with draining and stopping too

Yeah, the screw-up they get, it all comes down to the environmental pump. If the circulating pump is not working properly or the sensor on the circulating pump does not register the water correctly, then there is an error. After this exchange from this environmental pump everything should work 100%.

But of course I can't make a 100 percent statement or a suggestion because I don't know if there will be any other errors afterwards. But normally when I repair something like this and I get an error message I change the circulation pump and after that it runs again.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I understand that it is based on info I provided and may be different if you have seen the problem firsthand. Thank you very much. I will think off to buy a pump for £100 or buy new neff or bosh for 400. What would you do. Replace the part or the whole thing. (Knowing that after 7 years other parts may be giving up soon. The big plastic flat water mixer tank does not look very nice in a spot above the drain either)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (5LGVSM5)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (2LZPTSS)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
File attached (V2MZ7T6)
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Full of orange gunk
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It may need replacing too and it will probably cost half of the new one

Yeah, your machine looks pretty beat up. It is up to you whether you buy a new device or repair it. I would recommend that you clean the whole unit once underneath the pump circulating pump in order to completely remove the hoses once and put them back in again. And then test the whole unit again. It is possible that it works again afterwards.

If it does not work, you can still decide whether you want it repaired or not. Of course it is always advisable to buy a newer appliance because your appliance is already seven years old. After the repair other parts can still be broken.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.

Please and good luck.