JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My built in microwave needs to be replaced. Who will do it?

JA: What's the brand and model of your microwave? How old is it?
Customer: Lamona. 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lamona microwave? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started making an alarming noise 8 weeks ago. Something burnt out and the turntable stopped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Curries don't install these items so I think it is probably an electrician'sjob. I have not done anything about it so far because of lockdown

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** know these type of appliance issues can be frustrating, we will get this answered for you.

To help me answer your question please can you advise the model of the Lamona Microwave?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
HJA 7050

Many thanks, ***** ***** me a short while to look up the details relating to this appliance. Is there a reason your seeking to replace rather than repair the appliance?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Given the burnt out component I did not think repair would be an option

Fair enough, have you sourced a suitable replacement microwave and just need it to be installed?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would need help with the dimensions before ordering but I can certainly do that

The Microwave should just plugged into a socket at the back so there is no wiring required, the best person to call out to install would be a kitchen fitter or appliance engineer, as its no more complicated than any other integrated appliance.

The fascia around the appliance comes away which will reveal the brackets which hold it in place, these are loosened off and the entire until pull out, and unplugs. You plug the new one in, fit it in the void, secure it with thew new brackets and fascia and your done in under an hour.

Do you think that may be something you could do yourself?

Give me a short while, and I will try and find the specs of the current one so we can find a suitable replacement.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
OK I think I could get hold of a fitter. If you were able to find the dimensions of the current microwave that would be a huge help.

The dimensions are shown on the installation manual which can be found here, I make these to be 560 x 450 x 500 mm (w x h x d), the manual also shows how the brackets and fascia are fitted to help you with removal.