JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Kenwood ksbsdix16 american fridge freezer. E6 ERROR ON

Kenwood ksbsdix16 american fridge freezer. E6 ERROR ON FREEZER SIDE. Freezer wont make ice. Had a new control board last week but hasn't solved the issue like was expected.
JA: Do you know the model of your Kenwood fridge?
Customer: yes its the start of my last message 🤦🏻‍♂️ ksbsdix16
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: are you reading my messages?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just help

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is***** know these type of appliance issues can be frustrating, we will get this answered for you

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Messages are fine
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Jamesl?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (1TPT4QS)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hello it appears there was a technical issue and you haven't got my messages at lunch time.

E6 often relates to a temp issue, what temp are your fridge and freezer running at?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
16 freezer and 4 fridge

When the engineer changes the PCB did they check the temp probe in the freezer and remove the rear interior panel of the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Checked the temps yes but didn't remove anything inside the freezer.

I think you might have an issue with the NTC (temp sensor) or the defrost element, both sit behind the rear wall of the freezer.

These are things they should have checked with a multi meter before changing the board.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He did have a multi meter but only checked round the back of the fridge/freezer not inside?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
will this be the cause of the ice maker not filling with water and make ice?

Yes, the appliance is likley not cooling sufficiently or at least causing the cold air to circulate properly. As ice is only formed once the appliance deems it cold enough for cubes to form.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
can the NTC or defrost element be fixed or do I just get them replaced?

These are parts you would replace if at fault, its unlikely to be both (one or other).

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok but once this E6 message has been sorted will this freezer start making ice? Its the only reason we bought the kenwood model its now 3 years old and costing money.

Kenwood are a budget range like Beko, but shouldnt fail this early on.

Once the E6 is resolved the appliance should start making ice.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your honest advice and helping with my problem