Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I was boiling eggs and forgot about them. The water of

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i was boiling eggs and forgot about them. The water of course allk evaporated. I quickly turned the stove off and removed the suacepan. Since then I can't get any oif the hot plants to stay on for more than 30 seconds to a minute. The figure indicatign the degree of heat I want on the hot plate starts flashing right away and then the stove goes off. Anything I can do about this or do I need an engineer? Cheers,
JA: Is your stove gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Diane Blackwell
JA: How long has this been going on with your stove? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Electric. Had it since Nov 2015.This has been going on for a few days. I've done nothing so far except check if the problem is still there by trying to heat up a hot plate.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that the stove is hardly used.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sure, fine to wait a little while but wouldn’t it be easier just to send a technician out to fix the problem? Diane Blackwell
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I actually don’t know what to reply. There hasn’t been any help at all so far. Nor has there been any proper response to my request fir help fir a fault in my Bosch electric job. I’d really like to speak to a technician. Is this possible? Diane

Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 4 days ago.
Good afternoon diane I am darran I'm a domestic engineer
So the hobs are after a period of time turning them self's off and this is on all hobs
I would recommend a fixed price repair Diane only for the reason that this may be a few things
Due to boiling dry
The over heat thermostat might have kicked in thus at a cert temp it switches off to self preserve
The thermostat may be damaged and only allowing low temp heat and whe it wants to go over it kicks out and turns off
Or the main board may have a blown realy due to the boiling dry
Guys you can get fixed quotes from
Espares.com
Knowhow
0800 repair and trade place
Some times a simple repair is obvious but due to what you have said I would go down a fixed price if it is non repairable you will get %75 refunded
Guys I hope this has helped
Regards darran