JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My oven door wont open, Older than 8 years Yes I cleaned it

Customer Question

Hey my oven door wont open
JA: Have you tried resetting your oven by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: Older than 8 years Yes I cleaned it with bio cardonate soda early and since it wont ope.
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today after cleaning it Turning it off and on again
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that i can think of
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 9 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 3 days ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

If the oven will not open it sounds like it may have done a pyro clean, leave the power turned off for 1 hour turn it back on and after setting the clock then try and open it and the lock should have disengaged.

Should this not work the next step would be to get an engineer in, to use a special tool to unlock the door without breaking the hinge assembly.

You may wish to use the firm here for such a repair.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!