Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

I have a 2-year-old De Longhi Magnifica ESAM 4200S coffee

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2-year-old De Longhi Magnifica ESAM 4200S coffee machine
JA: Who makes your coffee maker?
Customer: Hi, I have a 2-year-old De Longhi Magnifica ESAM 4200S coffee machine that is lying to me and refusing to operate. The red light that indicates that the container holding the used grounds needs emptying remains steadfastly on even when this receptacle is spotlessly clean and properly inserted in its place. Consequently my Magnifica won't produce the coffee I so desperately need. Is there any way this fault can be fixed short of me kicking the thing?
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week. I've cleaned the machine and decoked it and ensured the container is replaced properly.
JA: Who makes your coffee maker?
Customer: De Longhi
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ???????????
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else can be said.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 20 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'll wait to hear from a Professional who will know the solution to the problem. I trust this won't be more than a day or two...
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Paddy replied 14 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

It can be very frustrating when you cannot get your coffee when you need it!

When you remove the grounds container does the message on the screen change?

Paddy

Expert:  Paddy replied 14 days ago.

Hi - There a number of reasons for the ground container light continuing to flash after you have cleaned the container, the main reason is the pre-ground coffee function has been selected without placing any pre-ground coffee in the funnel.

Other causes include the switch which meets the tab on the rear of the grounds container isn't working and may need cleaning freeing up.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me.

Paddy