Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

When I put cordless hover on the brush turns once then stops

Customer Question

When I put cordless hover on the brush turns once then stops I’ve taken it out but still the same
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: I think it’sa v6 will be two years old in october
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only the last 2 days I’ve emptied it took the brush out cleaned it no better
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 5 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 2 days ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  Paddy replied 2 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

This is a common issue, the motor can often pulse on & off or stop, this is a measure to protect the motor from overheating when it is made to work harder due to a blockage restricting the airflow.

There can be a build-up debris and the key areas to check for blockages are:

1. The brush head - is there any hair or fibres restricting the brush rotation or airflow

2. Where the brush head connects to the wand/pipe - remove the brush head and look down the connection towards the brush to ensure it is clear

3. Remove the wand/pipe from the dust collection bin - check the inlet to the dust collection bin this area is prone to build up

4. Remove the dust collection bin - check the inlet from the other side (inside the bin)

5. Brush the bin mesh filter inside the dust collection bin

Checking and clearing at these points should resolve your issue.

I have attached an image to help with the instruction - it is a useful guide.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me.

Paddy