Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have a 4 burner Whirlpool for Ikea gas hob. Ignition on

Customer Question

I have a 4 burner Whirlpool for Ikea gas hob. Ignition on one of the burners failed. A few months later ignition on another burner started to filre (click) continuously. This usually subsided after I cleaned and removed moisture from the area. Yesterday it happened again and I it continued to click. So I used alcohol clean around the porcelain electrode as much as possible and the surrounding area. I also did this on the burner that had stopped clicking. Progress! (sort of!). Bother burners are continuously clicking. It is now 16 hrs since last clean and they still click.
JA: Do you know the model of your Ikea hob?
Customer: Sorry no.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Ikea hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See my first comment
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 14 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 11 days ago.
Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer
I'm just going through some older questions
I appologies that your question hasn't been picked up
Listen what you have described is a failed ignition harness
Thisnisnt a very common fault on all makes of gas hobs
Some times its a miniscule bit of dirt that falls into the seperate ignition and when activated it stops it from clicking
Or they do just fail also
Thisnisnt not a very big job
But due to gas it's not a self repair and will require an engineer to have a lok and change the part
I hope this helps and sorry about your wait
Regards darran