KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We had a new kitchen from Wicks March 2017 this included an

Customer Question

We had a new kitchen from Wicks March 2017 this included an under the worktop fridge, model E-NR K4316X7GB/03. This fridge has now begun to defrost on a regular basis, Leaving pools of water on the shelves, It will switch itself back on and refreeze. Is this still covered by it's guarantee ? If not can someone service / repair this unit. Mike Kimber RG26 5PS ( Hampshire )
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: ENERG ? age 3 years from installation
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a few months but is now not fit for purpose . Tried giving the thermostat thump !!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 4 days ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and refund your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request, as per our satisfaction guarantee.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 4 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that must be.

Have you seen any error codes or flashing lights ?

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

If you want phone support, please let me know and another expert may pick it up.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 days ago.

Good evening,

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction.

I am glad, I could help.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you have a good night.

It has been my pleasure to assist you!