Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

How do empty the dyson DC 25 I've washed the filter but

Customer Question

How do empty the dyson DC 25 I've washed the filter but can't get the dirt cannister off the machine
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: It's probably about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hubby uses it most of time hence the need to empty. I managed to get the whole cannister off and washed the filter but don't remember how to empty the dirt out.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really
Expert:  Paddy replied 13 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer I’m Paddy I will be your technician.

Do you still need help with your Dyson?

Expert:  Paddy replied 11 days ago.

Hi - To remove and empty your dust collection canister, you will see a button to the top of the canister carry handle, press the button and the canister will lift away from the body of your Dyson.

When you are ready to empty the canister into a bin there is another latch to the back of the handle, press this and the hatch to the bottom of the canister will open. I have attached an image which will help to identify where these button are.

I hope this helps - if you have any questions please message me.

Paddy

Expert:  Paddy replied 11 days ago.

I have attached a copy of the user manual for your records.

Paddy