Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

Why isn't the dirty water container not filling up, 2yrs old

Customer Question

why isn't the dirty water container not filling up
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 2yrs old Vax platinum power max carpet cleaner model ECB1SPV1 model 111.391.621.301.031.900.395 EC
JA: Do you know the model of your Max carpet cleaner?
Customer: Yes isn't it ECB1SPV1
JA: How long has this been going on with your Max carpet cleaner? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just last night
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just the dirty water isn't getting through
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 10 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  Paddy replied 7 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Paddy and I will be your technician.

There a number of reasons why your vax is not collecting the dirty water blockages & poor seals preventing vacuum are included, hopefully the following will resolve your issue.

1. Try check the dirty water canister float, If it is stuck in the up position the machine will not suck up dirty water
  2. Check the gasket under the dirty water tank, the gasket/seal is dirty or /broken you won't have good suction
  3. Check along the front of the suction head for blockages
  4. Clean the tank filter

I hope this helps.

Paddy